Richard F. Mulá Architects relocated its office in April 2011 to the newly renovated James Street Elevator Works building located at 202 West James Street, Lancaster, PA. The Circa 1890 brick building, home to several prominent businesses through the years, was the original home of Albert C. Welchans Elevator Works for over 40 years. Renamed The James Street Elevator works, after its original use, the building renders open office space with exposed structure and materials. We are excited to start a new chapter in this great space and we encourage you to stop in and check us out.
In 2014, Mulá Architects opened a second office in York, Pennsylvania, expanding the practice’s presence across the Susquehanna River serving York, and the Southeastern Regions. Our York office is located at the Susquehanna Commerce Center, 221 West Philadelphia Street.
Returning to the White Rose City, Mulá Architects is no stranger to the York County area. Through the past ten years we have completed several projects mainly in York’s Historic Downtown Area, one of which, the former York Gas Company Building, was the 2003 Pennsylvania Historic Preservation Construction Award winner for outstanding work completed on a Commercial – Industrial building. The award was presented by Preservation Pennsylvania in partnership with The Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission.